Sunday, December 11, 2011

Shoulder relocation - Amateur hour!

Sounds like most people have seen the website ShoulderDislocation.net. Great videos, instruction, etc. Can't recommend it enough.

But, frankly, after I've sweated and worked to reduce a shoulder using the Kocher, or Milch, or whatever procedure, and it's going nowhere, watching those videos makes me feel like a chump. Cunningham just waves his hands over the glenohumeral joint, like some sort of Australian Yoda, and Pop! Right back in.

Seriously, how can he do that?! Well, I'm working my way there, but I'm still in the realm of the Padawan, nowhere near Jedi level. So, for some ego-reinforcement, I turned to YouTube! A number of plucky DIY-ers have filmed their own approaches to shoulder reduction, and our self-esteem, if not our board-scores, stand to benefit form viewing their efforts.

In this first, it looks like the "friends" are about to apply the Spaso technique.
Ah, no.

Next, we have another example of the "maybe if we yank harder and faster" technique. The still from 0:03 tells you all you need to know about the context of the therapeutic maneuvers.
Beer? Video camera? No dislocation apparent? Go for it!


Okay, 1 last example of the "Martin Riggs" technique:
Enough negativity. You already feel that you're probably better at shoulder relocation than an inebriated crowd of adolescent males. But here are a few examples of gettin' 'er done that ought to make us feel a little humble!

This guy, likely very experienced and knowledgeable, talks hi friends through a Milch reduction:

This guy isn't quite so astute, but he gets the results he needs:

Again, the yanking. What the frak?

Lastly, this is my all-time favorite. "They just saw it on YouTube!" The reductionists start off with a brief stab at external rotation, segue into a Milch, and then, in a nod to the OG, finish off with a Hippocratic maneuver!
I like the backwards ball cap - I'm calling this the "Bro technique." Let's not try this at the "port next time you're down there!

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapy worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and complicated to use and only seemed to thwart further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete